Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pwned

‘I walked out of your house, without forgetting to keep my grace, and shut the door gently right behind of me. Sorry. I saw that word in your eyes. But I can’t help but wonder if it’s just me trying to console myself. The promise that you made… I don’t even know if it’s real. I was foolish enough to believe even though I had only heard it from a distant voice in a dream. I was so convinced that it was really you… and now I know.’ 

Zoe looked down at Spots that is now sitting obediently by her legs. She mumbled to the dog, “Do you think that she is still there?” Spots rested on his paws, while giving out a short groan, implying that they might need to stay there for a while. “What do you think that they are doing this instance? Argh, why am I caring…? Wait! Why should I not care? After all we are the ones that prepared the stuffs to invite him home, isn’t it?” she looked at Spots anxiously. Spot looked to a side with grieve, thinking, ‘even I can understand that Master is not coming back to us, why can’t Master Zoe just accept it?’ 

“Maybe I should just let go…” she covered her face with her palms, “I should just accept that he is not coming back. It’s not like he promised me that he’ll come back to me…” Spots shot up alertly.
“No, that doesn’t count, it was a dream,” Zoe told Spots, and he barked several times at her. And she told him sluggishly, “It doesn’t matter even with you being there, I was unconscious, and so it doesn’t count.” Spots slid back to his previous position, feeling discouraged. She sighed and started to recall the scene just now. 

The both of them jumped out from their hiding place to surprise Christ, but ended up having a shock, as there’s another woman in his arms. Spots furiously barked at that women while Zoe stood there, staring at point blank. Looking annoyed, the woman said something to Christ but Zoe can’t hear her words as her sight is now glued to Christ’s face. She saw his mouth moved but she still can’t hear anything. With her conscious screaming fiercely in her mind, she forced out an exaggerated smile and said, “So you have a girlfriend now! Should have told me earlier, I would know what to do!” then she winked at him and called out to Spots, “Come here boy, let’s leave the house to the both of them!” Then she walked past the couple and through the doorway. She swallowed down the lump in her throat as she closed the door gently. 

 Flashing back to that moment made the lump come back. “Let it out,” a voice that she’s very familiar with said. She looked up and said, “Let what out?” while smiling weakly to Jack. He sat down beside her and pulled her to him, “oh come on, even passersby can see that you are about to cry.”
“No,” she said stubbornly, “I will not be a cry baby…” but her voice is already trembling.
“Let it go,” he said with a soft tone, “I am here for you.”
“but it’s so humiliating…” the first drop of tear had already fallen…
“It’s fine…” he stroked her hair gently, “I am used to it.”
Then she gave out her best cry, not the soft and silent ones, but those who are loud and destructive. Unlike normal humans, Jack did not run, but he patiently held her firmly in his arms, comforting her without words. 
She went on crying until twilight crept upon them.
“Thank you,” they shifted apart slightly as she sat up straight, “that felt great.”
“Works like a charm,” he smiled widely while wiping off her tears by her cheek, “was it for him?”
She hesitated. But Spots answered for her by barking once to Jack.
“Good boy,” Jack patted Spots head and said, “It’s ok if you don’t want to tell me the story.”
“Thanks,” she sighed in relieve.
“So, will you forgive him if he apologizes to you?” Jack stroked Spots that is sitting beside him.
“Maybe… but what is there to be sorry about?” She sniffed.
“For breaking your heart?” he shrugged, “what if he apologizes over and over again?”
“Apologies are only necessary to be heard once, otherwise it will be nothing but a meaningless word.” 

4 comments:

  1. Wow... Unusually emo, but also with an extra big slice of cheese...I like Spots. Smart dog, that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I used the 2nd person point of view thing, so it's just an experiment...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you mean not "I" but "she"? I think that's called 3rd person POV... 2nd POV really interesting though,uses "you" I admire the people who can use that type...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see... I never did get that rite...

    ReplyDelete