Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

First time skating (Y)


Two years after graduating from high school, I am sadly not interested in meeting up with my former classmates, except my two best friends. So, when one of them invited me to skate, I can’t refuse right? And, when she invites people that I am not really interested to meet, I still shouldn’t refuse right? I’m not saying that it is not fun, hell, it is damningly fun, and the two old classmates turned out to be better persons that I thought they were.

Everything was fine… until my ass realized it’s affection to the icy ground. And so, here I am, sitting on the bench outside of the ice rink, back completely straight, like I am expecting someone, except I’m not, because I can’t lean on my lower back. And that is when I start realizing something important: the best first date ever, would be the ice skating rink, IF your date is a novice like me. If not, just give up.

It’s very much logical, because, speaking from experience (that I gained just now), holding hands is unavoidable. It is because, idiots like me, get bored easily by simply skirting the rink while clutching on the sides of the rink for our dear lives, we love to wander, and be adventurous. But we can’t do that, with the fear of breaking our bones, so, we hold onto another person. See where is this going?

Furthermore, I’m not sure if this happens to other people, but it happened to me, when we are in the middle of the rink, when the sides are far far away, holding hands might not be enough. In my case, I lost control of my skates and they moved inwards, causing me to twist, to save myself, I hugged my partner, which is my best friend (don’t think too much). Rather sadly for me, this happened to me for more than once. But imagine what if it is a young couple. Just glance at the strings of possibility.

So, this is the time when I start missing my mobile phone, and cursed myself over and over again for suggesting getting a locker. But I swear that I am NOT going back into the rink, unless they dry up the ice again. Aaand I broke my promise to myself in not more than 10 minutes, I’m just that gutsy (restless). 

No comments:

Post a Comment