Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

He's waiting


Sitting in my cabin, I looked out of the window, it seemed like I can feel the cold air on the other side. I sighed and looked down. Being friends for so many years already, made him careless… I heard the captain’s voice but I’m too much in a blur to comprehend the words. Luckily I have Yvonne with me. She told me to buckle up.

“What’s on your mind?” she asked gently, she’s always gentle and polite, no matter how absent-minded I can be sometimes… or all the time…
“how can he be hugging another girl while bidding me farewell…” I mumbled, trying to push away the piece of nimbus cloud in my head.
“Maybe he is trying to make his point of not loving you anymore,” oh, did I mention? She’s blunt too.
I threw her a glare and turned back to the window while mumbling under my breath, “the other one didn’t show up either…”
“oh, the one that confessed to you?” she placed her magazine back into the compartment.
“Yeah, so much for ‘I’ll always be with you…’” I sneered, “Bullshit.”
“Well, it’s not really a bad thing,” she sat up straight, “you will have undivided attention on this case, plus, we are at the North Pole! Enjoy the breeze.”
I shivered upon hearing the word ‘breeze’, “why would anyone go crazy in a place like this?”
“Yeah,” she closed her eyes and took a deep breathe right before the captain announced our smooth landing, “I wonder.”

No comments:

Post a Comment