Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 7 (finally)-the meeting~ (8)


Mr. No-beard’s smile slowly faded away, but his smugness can still be felt. Then, all at once, the vampire ‘maids’ started to attack us. I did a swift calculation in my mind; there are 20 of them, at least. As the first round of attack started, I quickly jumped to Nathan’s back as he was facing Mr. No-beard. I have to act as his third eye. I stole a few second to see how everyone else is doing. Blake is fighting off the suckers with his sword… I wonder why I hadn’t realize that he had one of those… before I can search for the other two, I saw, from the corner of my eyes, two suckers are coming to me from my sides. 

Immediately, I reached for my twofold blade in my pouch. The twofold blade is made up of two long knives with and elastic string connecting them together. Both of the blade is made up of different materials, one is made of titanium diboride, while the other is made of tantalum carbide, I threw them apart from one another and both the blades are buried in the two suckers. Then the elasticity pulled the suckers towards me, I took one step behind, the two hit on to each other head on. I pulled my blade out before they are able to get back on their feet. I released my current into the blades when they are in my hands .Just as the two suckers are about to overpower me by thrusting upon me together, I arched my back to dodge their grip and drew my blade across their necks. Their head fell off immediately and they turned into ashes within seconds. 

Right after that, I aligned the blades, and made the twofold blade into a bow. I pulled the elastic string and released some more of my current into the bow. It had formed into an electric arrow. I aimed and shot my arrows at four suckers that were running towards me. I released my last arrow just when the forth sucker almost laid his hand on me. All four turned into a pile of ash. 

“What an exhausting dream…” I spoke to myself when I woke up. I got dressed and went to the kitchen for breakfast.
“Morning mom…” I mumbled and yawned.
“Morning honey,” she is busy preparing breakfast. I wonder what the occasion is, she rarely wakes up this early, and she never prepared breakfast…
“Honey, can you help me wake Katzuo and your brother?” she didn’t even look up from the omelet she’s cooking… or trying to cook… But, it explains it all, Katzuo… that house invading mean ass… 

*knock knock*, “Wake up…” I mumbled, “Wake up,” I said, “Wake up!” I said loudly, “WAKE THE F UP!” I yelled in rage…
“Huh? What!” I heard the people in side said. I waited outside impatiently, and constantly imagining ways to wreck the door.
“What’s the matter?” the door is opened. To my horror, a half-naked dude is standing right in front of me.
“Yeah, what’s up,” another dude without clothes on, thank god the pants are still there, came and stood beside the previous half naked bastard. And you guessed right, bastard = Nathan. 
I forced a smile on my face, “mom, downstairs, now.” then I turned back and descended the stairs.
that’s so horrible, I can’t let Katzuo do things to my brother’s behind… front… or anywhere at all… he cannot infect Nate with that… 

“Haley you shouldn’t smile like that…” oh, my smile is still here… wait…
“What? Where? Huh?!” I gaped.
“I’m guessing it should be, ‘What are you doing here? Where have you come from? Huh? So fast?” Nathan’s voice came radiating from my left, while Katzuo is staring at me from my right.
“Ooo… I can answer that…” Katzuo said, “I was following you down the stairs, I came from Nathy’s room, and yes I was quick. Because I want to spend more time with
you, Haley-chi…”
Ew… he is trying to hit on the both of us? Such insolence… 

 I looked up and got a brief moment to see how Nathan was doing. I analyzed quickly the Mr. No-beard is good but Nate is better. But something’s not right, Mr. No Beard dodged every single one of Nate’s attack… Not good, Nate hasn’t blocked his mind from mind readers yet. Let me steal him three secs.  

I scanned through all the vampires in the room, looking if there’s any more that are going to attack me, and I realized that I’ve killed them all, the rest are tackling the three of them. Without any suckers in my way, I shot an arrow at Mr. No Beard to divert his attention. And I succeeded, he turned to me and I separated my two fold blade. I threw Titan (I named the titanium diboride that) to Mr. No Beard and he pulled it so that I will be pulled to him too. Then, I pointed Lummi (tantalum carbide) at him. When I was close enough, I dug Lummi into him and got back Titan. I did not hurt him with my power because it is a rule in a battle. Never kill the leader of the bad guys if someone with a higher ranking is present. So, instead of killing him, I stepped few steps back, and Nathan had silenced his mind. 

“Is she always like that?” I heard someone whispered.
“Yeah,” when I was fully awake and I saw Nathan stealing food from my plate, and he continued saying, “And you can steal food from her whenever her mind is in standby mode.”
“That’s not very nice…” Katzuo said as he is stealing another piece of pancake from my plate.
“Hey,” I frowned and cuddled my plate to their opposite direction.
“Ok, you guys settle down alright?” mom came rushing down from her room.
“I bet she’s late for work, again,” I whispered to Nathan, he smiled but made an effort to suppress it.
“Sorry kids, but I’m late for work,” she got the keys from her purse and rushed to the door, “see you guys tonight…”
“Yes~” I said and grinned, “right again.”
“You are such a loser sometimes,” Nate glared at me playfully, “oh wait, you are a loser all the time.”
“Blek,” I showed him my tongue and the food I was chewing in my mouth.
After I closed my mouth I felt something odd. “Why aren’t you saying anything?” I said to Katzuo.
I heard him sniffed his nose, “Nothing…”
“What?” Nathan asked him with a mouthful of… wait for it… cereals! I told you he is in love with cereals… did I? 
“It’s just that… you guys have such a happy family…” I wanted to ask ‘don’t you have one’, but my mind strayed to something else, and he continued, “Just like mine!”
The both of us suddenly stopped chewing and glared up to him.
“How rude,” I blurted out, still glaring at him.
“Yeah,” Nate shook his head.  

Nathan did not take out any of his weapons; he is used to fight hand to hand. I wasn’t given more time to look as one vampire ran towards me. I drew Lummi across him then I grabbed the sucker and with the blades side by side, I pressed Lummi and Titan into that son of a bitch. Then I threw his body about five feet in front of me. I used the blades to break the table made of wood and zapped it with my power. And thus, fire. When I was done with the fire, the vampire was already heading my way. Very quickly, I did the scissors trick and cut the ass hole into pieces. And those pieces were thrown right into the fire. 

“I guess that they’ll have to glue you back,” I grinned at the vampire’s head, “in hell!” took that from the game, team fortress, the demo man… I actually think that it’s kinda weird that the demo man is a black but he has a Scottish slang…  but maybe it’s possible, my brother said so… but my brother is Nate so do the math… 

Oh, my mind strayed away. Just as I woke myself from my thought, I saw a sucker closing in on me; he is only 1 feet in front of me. I have only 0.0001 second to plan my next move but I realized that I may not have the chance to plot it by the 0.001th second. And it was about then when another vampire dashed in front of me and blocked the sucker. I almost yield my blade at him but luckily instinct stopped me. It was Ryan. He pulled the sucker up and slammed him down on the floor. It looked like it all happened at once. And without a moment to lose, he had already torn the suckers into pieces and threw him into the fire I created earlier. 

“Where have you been all this while?” I asked, because I haven’t been seeing him around just now when I was fighting.
“What do you mean? I’ve always been here,” he said and started to move to our right. Jasmine and Blake is surrounded by four of them.
“I know what I saw and what I did not see, Ok?” I said but he’s already fighting off the vampires. He must be hiding something…
 
“Hey hay,” Natalie said to me from the driver seat when I’m making my way into her car.
“What?” I exclaimed in horror, “you are driving today?!”
“yeah, you have a problem with that?” she said nonchalantly. She doesn’t even care if I had a problem with it!
I looked to the back seat to look for Nikki, but she’s not there…
“Where’s Nick?” I asked Natalie.
“Yeah bout that…” she brushed her fringe aside and turned to me completely. That made my heart skipped a beat, and I quickly pushed her head back with both my hands, “don’t look at me when you are driving!”
“Shish,” she stuck out her lower lip, “you are such a nagger sometimes…”
“That. Is. Not. Nagging,” I glared fiercely at her, “that is called survival instinct.” 

Then I turned back to look to the front. Our whole journey to school was safe enough, got a few close call but it’s all fine, nothing I can’t handle.
“Woah,” we met Jake at the school parking lot, “You drove today? I thought you didn’t have a license.”
“Yeah,” I said, “I drove at the passenger seat today, you know how scary her driving is…”
“What?!” Natalie protested, “YOU are the one that was nagging me about the speed zone and the traffic lights. Like come on, the light was yellow! It means go faster because the car behind is going to kiss our ass of if we don’t.”
“But it’s against the law,” I whined…
“Stop it both of you,” Jake stood in between us, “I don’t care who’s wrong or who’s right but the both of you are going to shake hands and apologize to each another, deal?”
“Deal…” both of us mumbled, then we shook hands and everything is fine again.
“See?” Jake smiled, “ain’t that easy?”
“Yeah…”
“You know, sometimes I feel like I’m mothering children,” Jake scratched his head.
“You think too much…” the both of us said together and walked to our classes. 

I pushed that thought away and rushed back to Nathan’s side. He is attacking Mr. No Beard and Mr. No Beard had no chance at all. I stood behind the both of them and suddenly I saw Mr. No Beard hit Nate with all he had and Nate stepped a few steps back. Mr. No Beard took use of that time and signaled Juliet. I don’t know what did he mean, but I had a hunch that it is not good. I locked my sight on Juliet but Nate snatched my attention away from her when he jumped on Mr. No Beard and the both of them fell on the floor. 

My mind told me to look back at Juliet and I did. But I couldn’t stare like before, because all of a sudden she started to shine. She blinded me for a second and it’s the same for Nate, as for the others, not so much. From what I can see, they are all covering their eyes with their hands. Good news is they had defeated the remaining vampires before the shine. Mr. No Beard thought that Nathan’s sight would be affected too, but he thought wrong. The both of us aren’t affected much. But the odd thing is, I’m quite sure all angels can’t be affected much too, so why is… 

 Then I saw fright flashed pass Mr. No Beard’s face, but he lost it soon enough. And Nathan continued his attack until Mr. No Beard is has weakened his own attack. Then, almost unnoticeable, he made a gesture again. So it’s finally his turn…
 
As I guessed, the next in line is Romeo. When he came out from the shadows, Juliet stopped shinning and the three of them can see again. Just as I was wondering what is Romeo’s super power is, his body started to bloat. And his clothes were ripped when he was half way there. And I know that whatever that is bloating inside of him, it’s definitely not soft… 

“Tank!” the word escaped my lips.
“What?” Odell asked from across the table, “I’m sorry but what is that?”
“Oh,” Jake looked excited all of a sudden, “the tank, from Left 4 dead, terrifying creature.”
“Huh?” then I realized I just said something totally irrelevant from our topic of the meeting, “opps, sorry… my mind strayed away…”
“Wait,” Keith, our president in this project, said, “You mean you want to dress up as the tank?”
“No!” I opened my eyes wide open at him, “of course not…”
“Well, you can’t even if you want to,” Jake crossed his arms and said, “Our theme is ‘today was a fairytale’ not a ‘scary tale’.”
“Too bad then,” Keith looked down at the documents, “I was planning to dress up as the charger if Haley’s dressing up as the tank…”
Shit! Well no shit… you can’t make me wear the tank’s outfit even if you are throwing money at me… 

“So, back to the topic,” Cherry said. She’s our vice president. You might be fooled by her small body but she’s actually very capable in carrying out her job. She continued saying, “I recommend that we start giving out the outfits tomorrow.”
“I agree,” Odell said, “It would be too late if we start on the day after tomorrow.”
“What about the sound system?” Keith asked, looking straight at me. Luckily I was prepared…
“Already done,” I nodded slightly, trying hard not to blush. Then I felt Jake staring at me at my right. I turned to him, frowning, “what?”
“Tell him…” he whispered back.
I’m more confused now, “tell him what?”
“Yeah,” Keith asked Jake, “tell me what?”
Jake rolled his eyes, my heart almost jump out my mouth when I figured out what might he say. But then, it dive straight back into my mouth when Jake said, “she had invited us a mysterious guest.”
“Oh,” Keith rubbed his chin and said, “who’s it, Haley?”
A grin appeared on my face and I managed to say, “Takashi Nigura…” 

The meeting ended after 5 minutes and we headed home. Jake is gave me a ride home…
“So, why didn’t we see Nikki today?” Jake asked.
“I don’t know…” I shrugged. I really don’t know… ah, who am I kidding.
“Actually, I know,” I sighed, “must be some family issues.”
“You know, you are kinda weird nowadays,” Jake shot me a look.
“What?” I said quickly, “it’s just that Kayly is always with the loser Ethan, I feel lonely.”
“Lonely?” he raised his brows, “that’s not a word I would use on you. I think the aura is rather pink than lonely grey.”
“You are picking up the aura talks from Nikki and Natalie now?” I gawked at him.
“No…” he looked to the left as he stopped the car, “it’s just a feeling. I’m going to pay for the costumes’ rental, guard my car, k?”

“Shit!” Blake cursed, “He is a fucking hulk!”
None of us moved an inch when his transformation stopped. His bloody eyes scanned our faces and he took a few heavy breaths right before he ran across the room towards Jasmine and Blake. Very quickly, Blake grabbed Jasmine and rolled to the side with her. Romeo looked furious for missing his target. Then I started to draw out plans in my mind as Ryan, Blake, and even Nate started to tackle Romeo. 

We have to find his weak point… I looked carefully and took a bet that it might be his neck so I rose up my bow and aimed at his neck. I released the arrow consist of my power, and it struck his neck. It turned into dust by the time Romeo touched his neck. It was nothing more than a mosquito bite to him. I frowned and I looked carefully at him as the threesome is hitting him from all direction. But I saw no weakness in him. Then, I took a leap of faith. I aimed my next shot at his eyes, and when it was clear, I released the arrow. It hurt him, but again, it’s not lethal. I would have to shoot at least a hundred arrows at his eyes to hurt him enough to kill him. Not to mention that I would have to risk hurting the threesome.  

Then, an idea intruded my brain, Juliet. 

I looked to my right from the corners of my eyes. I don’t want Romeo to know what’s running through my mind. I saw Juliet peeking from behind a pillar and her brows pushed up. She’s worried about him. Maybe there are side effects from Romeo’s transformation. Well, I’m gonna have to hope that my theory is right. I waited until Romeo has no chance in seeing me moving. Then I scrambled across the room, straight to Juliet. She saw I was coming but she was not fast enough to dodge me.  

“Hey!!!” I heard distant shouts from the outside and I shot up in my seat. I looked to the source of the noise and saw Jake knocking on the window and shouting at me. I quickly unlocked the door and let him in.
“Sorry, I fell asleep with my eyes wide open,” I smiled guiltily.
“You know what?” Jake fastened his seat belt, “it’s fine, I understand.”
“How’s the costumes?” I tried to change the topic.
“They are great,” Jake smiled, “Just ‘medieval’ enough, but stylish too.”
“I heard that they have medieval outfits from all over the world,” I stared at the road ahead emptily.
“Yeah,” he nodded, “but most of them are from European countries.”
“I wouldn’t mind wearing a classic medieval dress,” I thought of the movie ‘pride and prejudice’, they sure look comfortable…
“I wonder if Pres is serious bout the Charger thing…” Jake said. I turned to my side of the window to hide my blush.
“If he is, maybe next year we should hold a left 4 dead Halloween party…” Jake continued saying, “maybe then I will take Bommer.”
I immediately turned to him and said, “Bommer? Are you sick?”
He pressed his free hand on his forehead, “Nope, no fever.” Then the car stopped.
“Thanks for the ride…” I said before slamming on the door. 

I sneaked into the house, trying as hard as possible to make no sound, just to fulfill my spy dream. You don’t know how lucky Nikki is. Anyway, as I tip-toed into the living room, the image I saw kept my mouth hanging in mid air. Katzuo and Nathan, they are both resting on the couch, watching… Titanic?! Honestly, I think Broke-back Mountain is more appropriate, but… what was I saying again?
“Stop looking at us like that,” Nathan said without turning back.
“Huh?” Katzuo voiced, “Oh Haley, you are so sneaky.” He then skipped to my side and helped me put my bag away.
“Haley’s back?” mom shouted from the kitchen, “Good, everyone’s home, dinner time!”
“Come on,” Katzuo smiled to me, and for once, he walked to the kitchen normally. Then I heard Nathan groaned but he came with us too.
“Spaghetti?! Lovely!” Katzuo said with excitement as he sat down.
“Not again…” Nathan mumbled.
“Pardon me?” mom said.
“Nothing, I’m just hungry… he he he…” Nate quickly took a big scoop of everything and started to dig in.
and I did the same, just in smaller portions. 

“Ahem,” I heard Nathan noised.
“What?” I guessed that it might be his throat itching, but I asked anyway, just for the fun of it.
“Nothing,” he mumbled with another mouth full of food.
A few seconds later he made the noise again. This time I ignored him. And he ‘ahem-ed’ again. I was starting to wonder what’s with him when he elbowed me and ‘ahem-ed’ again, louder this time. Then I looked at him, and his is pointing at his bowl. I looked down and saw a needle poking out of the stew.
And that, is my mom’s cooking.                 

 Wednesday ended

No comments:

Post a Comment