Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Interview with the 'God'

 I’m currently sitting on a bench by the gateway to heaven… Why am I sitting here anyway… tick tock tick tock… Boring… 

“No. 13!” the gatekeeper called out. I looked down on the small piece of paper in my hands. I took it from the counter just now. Hey, it’s me!  I stood up quickly and ran towards the gatekeeper. “The door on the left,” he said. I nodded and ran towards ‘the door on the left’.

“Pretty door,” I mumbled to myself. The door looked like a piece of cloud and nothing like a door… but I figured it out anyway… 
 
I looked to my left and right, but found no one around. So I touched the door gently, and the cloud started to disperse, “Cool…” then I walked in the ‘room’.  I can’t really judge the size, because I feel like I’m standing in the middle of nothing… but I know that’s not quite possible because there must be something to stand on and nothing is not ‘something’… 

“Sorry for the delay,” out of nowhere some bearded dude in white appeared in front of me, “the one next door is a little too… inquisitive. Okay, let us begin this interview session.” Then he put on his glasses that simply show up in his hands from mid air. 

“Interview?” I asked. 

“Yes, it’s for me to judge your future whereabouts,” he nodded and looked up at me with his glasses hanging on his slightly crooked nose. 

“Are you the… god? Ahem… Are you Jesus?” I stared at his face curiously. 

“Yes, yes I am,” He shook His head, “Why does all the newbies have to ask the same question over and over again? Sigh…” 

“So… this is heaven?” I looked around but it seems like He is everywhere… it’s kinda freaky… 

“Yes, yes,” He crossed His legs, “shouldn’t I be the one that ask questions? Since this is an interview held by me?” 

“Oh right… sorry,” I smiled, “ask away.” 

“You have two options in this interview,” He raised both His hands, “one, to tell the truth, two, to tell a lie. Which is it?” 

“Uhh… the truth, I guess…” I frowned, unable to understand the point of the question. 

“Very well,” He noted something on a piece of paper in the file He is holding, “start with telling me your life.” 

“From the very start?” I asked, “When I’m first brought to this world?” 

“Yes,” He nodded, “from the very first thing you know of your life.” 

“Well, when I’m in my mother’s womb, my dad disappeared. Some people said that he ran away with his lover, but both my mother and I believed that he must have a good reason to leave without a word. Granpa told me that because, my mother developed complication after giving birth to me, so before she had even told me a word, she left the world, to a better place,” I paused as He cuts in. 

“So, that’s your childhood?” He pulled down His glasses and looked to me. 

“Yes,” I nodded. 

“You may proceed,” He looked back at the file. 

“When I have achieved the age of six; granpa and granma passed on. So I was taken in by my generous aunt. After reading Cinderella, I thought I might be tortured by my aunt therefore I was cautious, and it turned out that she is actually very kind and nice. Life was great… until she was arrested for killing my dad…” I stopped again, because He cuts in again. 

“So that’s where your father went…” He mumbled. 

“Yeah, but I forgave her anyway,” I sighed. “Because she treated me like her own all this while…” 

“Why did she murder your father?” he asked. 

“I don’t know, I didn’t ask her, I figured that it is not important anymore,” I slowly shook my head. 

“Don’t you have anything happy to talk about in your life?” 

“Well, I do have some… like that time when I went ice skating with my friends in a school trip. But suddenly an avalanche stormed in, and all of us ran like headless chicken. That. Was. Exhilarating,” I gave out a chuckle, “but the sad part is, people lost their life in that event.” 

“Oh oh, I remember,” He shot up anxiously, “there is a kid called Marcus right? I interviewed him some years ago; he is currently my 12th assistant. In case you don’t know, that’s quite an important role he is playing…” 

“Yep, he was one of them,” I nodded, “he is a nice friend.” 

“Any more fun stuffs?” He asked. 

“There’s my first date,” I rubbed my chin, “the only thing nice on that day is the food.” 

“Oh… who’s the boy?” He blinked in curiosity. 

“hehe… that’s a bit too personal, but since you want to know it so badly, his name is Jake, but I don’t think he likes me, I think he is trying to hit on my best friend, which is quite depressing…” 

“Jake… familiar, is he anywhere close to the name Jacob Aart?” He frowned, as if He is trying to pick up some memory. 

“Yep, that’s exactly who he is.” 

“Oh, he is just next door; he is probably waiting for his result…” 

“He died too?” I wonder… 

“Yeah…” He flipped through the pages in His file, “actually, I don’t find your first date joyous at all.” 

“Well, it’s not completely disastrous… at least I got to eat ‘Fugu’…” I swallowed down my saliva, “what is it anyway?” 

“If I have not mistaken, it is ‘blowfish’…” He continued writing on the file. 

“Come to think about it, I think it’s the last thing I remember in my life…” I licked my dry lips, “I wonder why…” 

“That will occupy your mind while you’re waiting for your report,” He stood up and took off His glasses, “Happy December.” 

“What? You are leaving so soon?” 

“Yeah, unlike somebody,” He rolled His eyes, “I am a very busy person.” 

“Fine,” I stuck out my lower lips, “Happy December… Do I wait outside?” 

“Nope, wait here,” He paced to the door I came through earlier, “the outside world is quite dangerous…” and He disappeared. 

“Why did He do that? The door is right in front of Him…” I mumbled to myself, and concluded that it is a mystery that I’ll never solve… 

The moral of the story is, always be optimistic. 

By Darcastle 12.10.2010 5:11 PM

2 comments:

  1. Now, if that is not called weird...




    Then it should be called weirdly funny. Marcus? A saint/angel??? O.O Someone give me CPR, please. Funny how you brought dreamer's dream in here XD Ah, Jake... You died. Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how did Jake and Haley died?

    ReplyDelete