Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 6 – Homecoming (6)


“So… that scary wolf girl is your sister?” Jasmine rested her head on her hands.
“For the tenth thousand times,” he rolled his eyes and scowled at her, “YES!! SHE IS MY F’ing SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!”
“Okay…” she rolled her eyes, “you don’t need to raise your voice… geez…”
“You…” he was going to start to growl at Jasmine when Nathan pressed on his shoulder gently, and put on some sort of wise look on his face, “you’ll get used to it.”
Then Ryan came in, “I checked with the counter, they left yesterday morning. Impossible to track.”
“Fuck,” his face darkened.
“Why don’t you smell for her, you guys are wolves, right?” I said, and his face darkened more… reaching the state of black.
“Yeah, why didn’t you smell for them when you first came?” I saw question marks on Jasmine’s head, and his face, unbelievably dark. *note, it’s not black yet.
“Because he can’t,” Ryan said, “he’s not a wolf.” 

“Ra…” Nikki stretched her arm out and opened her eyes.
“Oh, what was that voice?” Natalie asked.
Ok, this is what happened yesterday… Natalie woke up in the middle of the night, she walked out of the room thinking that it’s her house and you know… bad stuffs happened. Then we spent half our night sleeping on the floor of the corridor, ‘because the rooms are for the sick…’ said Rafael… how crude. So after half a night of ‘zombie-nagging’ Rafael finally allowed us to enter Nikki’s room… I would evil laugh if I was not so tired. Anyway, that’s why we ended up in Nikki’s room.
“I’m guessing that it’s Nikki’s yawn…” then I yawned.
When I opened my eyes again, I saw Nikki’s eyes popping out like a blow fish. “What the heck are you two doing here?!” and the both of us grinned like idiots. Then she turned to Rafael and raised her brows.
he smiled and nodded, “they knows,” Nikki’s face blushed red and she was going to shout out some unpleasant words when Rafael raised his arms and said frightfully, “not everything…”
Pak… something hit me very hard from behind. Damn… then… blackout.

“How?” He clenched his teeth, I can see that he is sweating… ah, the sign of nervousness…
“The fact that you didn’t realize that I’m a vampire explains it all,” Ryan looked right into his eyes, fearlessly. True, Ryan shouldn’t be afraid at all, because we are at the vantage point now.
“You are a… what?” he said, pointing at Ryan, “So it means that all of you are…”
“No,” Jasmine rolled her eyes, “we are totally better than them, no offence to anyone.”
“None taken,” Ryan said, settling beside me in the couch, “so, where are we going next?”
“I think we should go to *blah blah blah x100,” I’m dazed by Nathan’s ‘geographic talk’. What? I’m no good in geography class… don’t be classists… *roll eyes.
“Wait a minute!” Not-a-werewolf-dude said, speaking of which, what is his name?
“Hey,” I shouted out to him, “what’s your name?” totally not caring what he wanted to say…
“Huh? Oh, I’m Blake…” he replied.

“Oh, thank god you’re awake,” that’s the first word that I heard. As I opened my eyes, I saw mom and dad standing beside my bed, looking at me with worried eyes.
“What?” I rubbed my neck subconsciously, “woah, that hurts, did my neck break?”
“Huh?! Your neck broke?!” mom’s eyes widened immediately.
“Don’t be silly, the doctor said that she’s fine,” dad told her from across the bed.
“The doctor came? Where am I?” I asked. Weird… I thought this is my room… unless there’s some freaky sociopath that made a duplicate of my room…
“You are at home; hon. Doctor Prince came by just now,” dad patted my head, “he said that you’ll be fine by tomorrow.”
“What time is it?” I asked; I have a feeling that it’s still quite early.
“5 in the morning,” mom replied after a glance to her watch.
“I don’t feel like sleeping, I want to go to school,” I sat up, and I have an interrogation to carry out.
“But you should rest, surviving a robbery like that deserves a celebration,” dad said… wait…
“What robbery?” I asked, frowning.
“Good grace, you don’t remember?” mom gasped in shock, “maybe she has gotten amnesia or something…”
“The police brought you back this morning at about 2,” dad explained, “They said that you and Natalie were robbed and was knocked unconscious a few blocks away from the police station.”
“Luckily, they are merciful enough to leave your IC’s with you,” mom said naïvely.
“Yeah, and we are lucky that we are not raped…” I said trying to get off the bed.
“Exactly,” dad helped me out, “but if you insist on going to school, I won’t stop you, this is a democratic family.”
I smiled and asked them to leave so that I can change.

“Sooo… Blake and Blythe, huh?” Jasmine playing her curls, “how old school is that?” 
“Very old school,” I nodded in agreement.
“Hey! I hate people---,” he yelled.
“Cheh, we don’t care what you hate,” Nathan rested his ass on a chair beside the desk with a mountain of desert on top.
“You guys are so rude,” he sniffed, defeated.
“I assume you were going to ask who and what are we?” Ryan finally said.
“Err… yeah,” he nodded.
“Allow me to be your explainer,” Jasmine said enthusiastically as I was staring at her, “what? You introduced us to the wolves, it’s MY turn now.” I nodded like a robot… is it me or is she enthusiastic…
“*clears throat* firstly, the pale vampire guy, he’s Ryan. The female beside him that glows in silver is Valerie, oh, and she’s the lightning~. The non-stop-food-eating-dude… beware, he is the future kings of gods~ HE IS… Nathan!” the both of us smiled awkwardly to him while Ryan stares at the wall blankly, “as for ME! I am THE ONE AND ONLY JASMINE!!!!”
Blake stared with his mouth hanging wide open, “wait, that’s all?”  

We reached the school just in time. Mom insisted on sending me to school, surprisingly, we saw Aunty Christ, Natalie’s mom, too. Both the moms went to look for my teacher to tell her that Natalie and I were injured and ‘needs to be take cared’…
 I went to my classroom as usual and settled at my seat. Where’s Natalie? I looked around the classroom but found no Natalie, nor Nikki. Has Nikki kidnapped her? It was then when I realized that some weird dude is looking at me. I turned timidly to his direction, and found a total stranger sitting at two seats beside me. I didn’t dare to scrutinize him; neither did I dare to even look at him, so I quickly turned to the window. Fortunately, I saw Nikki and Natalie walking to the class. I looked, stared, glared… at them, trying to get their attention that way. And they noticed, they came to my seat and I finally exhaled in relief.
“Hey, Hay,” Natalie sat her ass beside me at Kayly’s seat, as Nikki sat in front of me. Between me and the odd guy is still an empty seat.
“I had the weirdest dream last night; I dreamt that some weird dude came to the library…” Natalie said. A dream, huh…
I looked up into Nikki’s eyes, and I got the answers that I wanted immediately, I knew her too well.
“Great story, with the robbery and all,” I mind spoke to Nikki.
“It’s Raphael’s idea,” she shook her head slightly.
“That idiot,” I smiled grudgingly.
Then the teacher came in and the both of them scrambled back to their seats while Kayly rushed back from Ethan’s class.
“Just in time,” she breathed loudly.
“Eww…” I commented.
“What?” Kayly said, I didn’t answer.
“Zsssettle down class~sss,” Madam Wads said gently, “I have a few thingssss to inform you students~ssss.”
the sound of students straitening themselves, and moving their chairs are heard.
“Okay, thank you,” she said slowly, “Firsssssst, pleazzze take good care of your two friendzzz, Natalie and Haley, they were robbed yesterday and were sssssseverely hurt,” I felt myself blush, and the freaking class clapped, fuck them. But the oddest thing is, the weird dude is looking at me, I think he is worried. Wait… why is he still here?
“The sssssecond thing is~sss,” she continued, glaring at the class, “we are having a new sssstudent, Katzzzzuo, can you pleassse sssstand up?”
Oh crap, weird dude stood up.

“Well no, I’m also the flower angel,” she stood up and turned one beautiful round, “Jasmine.”
“Oh…” he scanned through all of us, “so except for the boring pale guy, you are all gods and goddesses?”
 I think he caught Ryan’s attention, “who are you calling boring?!” as usual, we ignored nuisances like so.
“No, we are only angels,” I said.
“Awesome…” his eyes shined, “I knew the books were right!”
“Books?” I asked.
“Huh?” Nathan responded.
“Loser,” Jasmine yawned.
“Who are you calling boring?” Ryan asked, again. We ignored, again.
“So… AWESOME… can WE be a team?” he asked like a dog… doing something…
“What about your sister?” I asked. Ryan is still angry that he is ignored and doesn’t seem like he feels like talking.
“Oh… right…” he frowned, looking to the right, “we can do that too, right?” and he put on a puppy dog face. Too bad I am a heartless bitch… okay… that’s a little gross…
“N--,” suddenly, a female voice cut in, “sure!”
“What?” I exclaimed, “Why?”
“it sounds interesting…” she looked at me with her innocent eyes.
“Really?” I scratched my head, and turned to Ryan for support. But he looked away childishly. What a kid.
“I guess it won’t hurt,” Nathan said with a chocolate mustache.

“Hello, my name is Ichirou Katzuo,” he smiled slightly and bowed to the class, “You can call me Katzuo.”I can swear that he was looking at me and I can also swear that there is some pink aura all around… from the other girls…
“Okay, that’sssss all, I’ll be in the teacher’ssssss office for the day, bye classssss,” we stood and bowed to her as she leaves. Then, I felt something weird on my left, instinctively, I turned.
“Hi,” he is putting out his right hand. I smiled awkwardly and shook it with mine. Then I saw Nikki and Natalie coming to me, but he wouldn’t let go of my hand.
“Err… can I have my hand back?” I asked awkwardly blushing fiercely… what? I’m a girl.
“You really don’t remember me?” he asked. Hmm… Should I?  Then I went through my data base. Toktoktoktoktoktoktoktok… last two possible candidates, Thomas and Kanako.
“Are you Thomas?” I asked anxiously, Thomas is my first love bo…
“No…,” he frowned a little.
“But… Kanako is a girl…” I rubbed my chin with my free hand.
“You DO remember!” he pulled me to him and hugged me tightly. Okay, my heart is pounding… very quickly and badly.
“I… can’t… breathe…” then some outside force pulled him away from me, Jake and Nikki. I opened my mouth wide open, gasping for air.
“You are a girl?!” I heard Natalie shouting and as I look up, she is pointing at him… or her…
“Let go of me!” He shouted in defense.
“No,” Jake looked at him/her grimly.
“Unless you tell us who are you!” Nikki said, tightening her grip.
“I told the whole class already, I’m…” then he used some super human strength and escaped from their grips while using his left free hand to flip his bangs, “
Katzuo.” And then he winked at me, smiling smugly.  

“Are you still gonna ignore me?” I glared sideways at Ryan that is driving.
*silence…
“Oi,” I frowned and turned my whole body to his direction, “Can you really resist ignoring such a cute girl like me?”
He turned sharply to me but quickly turned back to the front.
I smiled happily and turn to the front too, “I knew you couldn’t.”
I predicted his glare, but surprisingly I saw a small, and almost unnoticeable smile on his face, “yeah, I couldn’t…” he whispered to himself, thinking that I might not hear, too bad I’m an angel…
I completely turned my face to the other side with my face blushing red and eyeballs almost falling out.
“I want cookies~” Nathan whined from behind. I quickly looked back, trying to dispose of the ‘blushy’ feeling. Nathan, Blake and Jasmine are sleeping soundly, shoulders to shoulders behind.
“Aren’t you sleepy?” Ryan looked at me from the corners of his eyes.
“Huh?!” still shocked from before, what’s wrong with me? “Err… No!”
“Really?” didn’t seemed interested by the topic, he strayed away to another, “do you want to look at the sun rise tomorrow morning?”
“Not really,” finally back to normal, “I’ve seen it just yesterday, you know, with you guys… oh wait, it’s today… opps.”
“yeah true… it’s quite boring…” then he looked to his right, which is a piece of endless sea… I wonder where we are going…
“Where are we heading?”  I asked.
“You know, @#$!#$%^%^&%#@@#,”  I hung my mouth open, told you I’m bad in geography…
“Never mine…” I winced and tried to rest, the sound of the wave hitting the shore is surprisingly comfortable.
“Hey, why don’t we have a stroll in that big shiny house?” he pointed to a mansion/palace like place…
“sure, why not…” I peeked through my half closed eyes

“Why are you a dude now?” Nikki asked, I’m still ultra shocked…
“I was always a dude…” he said… but I remember he was a dudett!!!
“But you fooled our brilliant Haley? That’s impossible!” Jake said that, how nice.
“I was just being sarcastic, you know?” he mind spoke to me later, *blek, that liar, I know he really meant it…
“Haley, I think I owe you an apology,” he looked down with sorrow, ew… I saw some girls sigh when they saw him sad… “I had ALWAYS been a guy. I’m sorry, I deceived you,” He looked at me with puppy dog eyes, begging for forgiveness… Aw…
“Then why did you… why… err… Kanako?” I think I have some speech problem…
“That name…” he frowned as he rested his right hand on his forehead, eyes closed, drama king… “it trace back to a story… a sad story… a…”
“Just start with it already…” oh, Kayly came back…
“Before I was born… the doctors told my mom that… that…” he peeked from his half closed eyes, and had probably saw that we are ‘quite’ annoyed, “that… I am a GIRL!!!!”
I nodded, “so?” he turned out to be a boy, didn’t he?
“Let me guess,” Ei… What’s Ethan doing here, “your parents probably bought you female clothes.”
“Yes…” he said theatrically, “they even bought me pink underwear…”
“Well, I guess they didn’t mind that much, huh,” M2 said.
“Probably not, they are Japanese…” Kayly said.
“Huh?” I don’t understand… shouldn’t parents care? What if he turned out to be a homo?
“Japanese are fond with cosplay stuff,” Nikki said rolling her eyes, a total ‘duh’ look. 
“Exactly!” he eyes shone brightly, “but they had hurt my delicate feelings, crashed it completely…”
“Really?” I raised my brows.
“Oh… poor thing…” Natalie said, patting him on the back.
“My friends… all of them treated me like a freak,” he looked to the window, reminiscing as his hair swayed with the wind.
“I didn’t,” I smiled, “and I won’t!”
“My six years in primary school is flooded with mockery~,” oh, he totally ignored me… “But, luckily I am a man from the guts! My real self was awakened and I flew all the way back here from Japan, to show you,” he turned to me, “the real me, Haley-chan. Oh, and thank you, for being my friend no matter my gender.” Okay… he didn’t completely ignore me…

We stopped the car by the road side but didn’t care to close the convertible… they’d probably need some airing… and so, we walked towards the house thing…   
“So… are we like spying or something?”  I asked silently as we are hiding behind the bushes, from the security cameras.
“No… we are stalking,” he peeked out of the bushes to check if there are guards.
Then, he gripped my hand and pulled me away from the bushes and we rushed to a ‘sort of hidden’ wall, I was slower by half a second when we hit to it.
“Ouch, that hurt…” I frowned as I rubbed my injured arm, it’s probably bruised… you know how fast a vampire could be…
“Sorry…” he grinned, showing his teeth, guiltily, “I forgot about physical pain…”
I glared at him, “next time remind me a ‘stroll’ means ‘stalking’ and g--.”
I stopped speaking as I heard voices people murmuring, two in specific.
TUESDAY—HALF WAY THERE

No comments:

Post a Comment