Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day three- time to say goodbye… Not! (3)

Saturday morning, it’s warm and hot and sweaty and sticky but most of all, there’s no school today… Peace, serenity and heat. Sigh, I still have to walk out of my room. I’ll never be the same~ if we ever meet again… such a nice music… wait! It’s my phone! I jumped up from my bed and grabbed my phone.
“Hello!” I said, or screamed.
“HALEY… *sob sob* I have to leave her FOREVER!” It’s Jake…
“Huh?” I rubbed my eyes, what the heck is he saying?
“Kayly~” He whined, and sobbed…
“You are crying?” I asked. His replies are sobs, “Dude! You said you wouldn’t care less yesterday!”
“I… LIED…” he cried more, “there were people around…” more sobs…
“Okay…” I looked around, not sure what to do, “What do you want me to do?”
“NO~~~ *sob* you can’t do anything,” he blew out mucus, “anymore~ it’s too late…”
“Nothing is too late until I say so!” I shouted at the phone, “Pick me up half an hour later, and dry your eyes!” I hung up after that, not letting him to say no, or cry more.

I got change into my old outfit, I was wearing the pajama that’s borrowed from Alice, too bad my old outfit looks kinda like a pajama too… a silk one at least. I went to the hall then, Nathan is already there waiting, Ryan is resting on the couch, as if he needs any…
“Oh, Val, I forgot!” he dug his head in to his pouch, all angels should have it, it contains magical equipments, “Here, I caught her on my way here.” He stretched out his hand with a small cage in his hands, there’s a pixie like thing there.
“You locked up a flower angel?” I squinted real hard and found out that it is a flower angel.
“Yeah, she was in the way…” he shrugged
 Ryan came to see too, “wow, flower angels are so small…”
“No…” I said without looking up.
“The cage is magical,” Nate continued my sentence, “It’ll shrink anything I want to lock up with it.”
“Let me out of here!!!!” the flower angel squeaked in the cage, shaking the bars vigorously.
“Let me do the honor,” I said as my brother was going to pull out a key like figure.
I put the key into the key hole and radiated some of my lightning powers to it. And it’s OPEN~ Tada…
“Finally,” the flower angel came out and stretched her back, “that… is a small cage…”

Jake came over to my house after half an hour sharply, “Hey, Hay,” he still have a blockage in his nose.
“How are you feeling?” I asked.
“Better than before…” he said, making a turn out of the neighborhood, “where to?”
“School,” I looked at my SMS. M2 had reached the point of interest, “I am going to help you to get back your girl.”
“About that… I was depressed, and that’s why I said those words, I didn’t mean it” he frowned, “I seriously think that I should just let go…”
“No, you silly…” I replied M2 message, stating that we are reaching school too, “it’s never too late until I say so.”
“But—,” he tried to say, but I cut in, “no buts.”

The flower angel is wearing a ‘one-piece’ single sling dress. It’s white or rather beige; she also had a flower brooch on her right shoulder, which is where the sling is situated.
“So… What are you doing down here?” I narrowed my eyes, wondering if she’s a spy… ok, that’s stupid…
“I hated it up there,” she had a grudging look on her face, “the people there looks up to no one…”
“True,” I nodded, Nathan is still stuffing food into his mouth, “so, are you planning on returning?”
“NO! I’d much rather to be locked in that cage of yours than to go back up and face Lily…”
“You hate Lily too?!” I opened my eyes wide open… she  is my enemy’s enemy!!!
“Yeah, I hate her so much, I feel like swearing…”
“What’s your name?” Ryan asked. It seemed like Ryan is quite interested in our conversation.
“Me?” she pointed to her brooch, “I’m Jasmine.”

We reached the school soon enough. We went to the highest block of the school, and found M2 there. She’s holding binoculars. She signaled me to hover over and look through her binoculars. I can see Kayly, Ethan and some of the other members of the club in the alternate hall, decorating. She looked so happy with Ethan, but soon… Soon, she’ll know who s best for her – Jake! Muakakakaka…
“What’s the plan?” Jake asked.
“I’m going to sabotage Kayly,” I said. M2 nodded, “making her a damsel in distress.”
“Then, you will play your role,” my sentence is continued by M2, “be the hero that saves the damsel.”
“Is it going to work?” he frowned, looking worried.
“I am going to make it work,” I said confidently.
“No…” M2 hit my head, “WE are going to make it work…”
Sabotage mission – pt 1---
“Situation’s clear,” M2’s voice came through the Bluetooth hands free device, “go and throw your banana skin.”
“ Copy that,” I walked to the alternate hall, and found that the people had all went for lunch. Accept for Kayly that’s doing something behind the wall and Ethan that is sleeping on the stage.
I peeled the banana quickly, but the banana skin fell out of place, I quickly ran to catch it, and that’s when I heard Kayly coming back. I grabbed the skin and ran in to cover. Before I turned back, I heard I scream, oh yeah, my banana is still there…
Expecting to see Jake saving Kayly and having her in his arms, I was freaked out by the scene I’m seeing… instead of in Jake’s hand… she’s in Ethan’s hand.
“Plan A failed,” M2 said, “debrief in my position.”

“I guess you are coming with us…” Nathan mumbled if a piece of French toast in his mouth.
“Can I?” Jasmine asked.
“Sure!” I said immediately, “You are Lily’s enemy right?”
“Err… Yeah?” she said awkwardly.
“So… by foot or by car?” Nathan asked, finally stopped eating.
“Car,” I rolled my eyes, “duh…”
“You guys can take any car in the garage,” Ryan said, “I shall show you the way.”
“Please do.”
He brought us across the living area and though corridors until we reach the garage. The garage is ordinary, but the same words cannot be used to express the vehicles it’s holding. There’s a Detroit 2010 in shocking red, the newest Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce in metallic blue, the newest BMW 7 Series, BMW ActiveHybrid 7 in matte black, and a four seater car, Mercedes E250 CGI Sport Cabrio in metallic silver, it shines fiercely under the white light.

“Ok, now initiate plan B” M2 said.
“Jake, do you copy?” I asked, feeling that he is distracted.
“Yeah…” he is still distracted, “I copy.”
“Now, I’ll repeat the plan,” M2 said, “when they are all walking in a straight line in the corridor, Haley you have to move, ok?”
“Yep,” I answered, “then I’ll push the last person specifically when Kayly is reaching the steps, with Ethan in front.”
“That’s positive,”M2 said, “and Jake, you’ll have to come out and push Ethan out of your way and at the same time, save Kayly, ok?”
No answer…
“Hello?” I said, “Jake, are you there?”
“Huh?” that’s his reply.
“I was asking you a question…” she sound annoyed.
“O, erm, yes,” he said, “I had something on my mind.”
“Ok, then, move out.”

“I want the Mercedes!!” I shouted subconsciously.
“Well, it’s more spacious…” Nathan scratched his head.
“I’m fine with it,” Jasmine said, nodding her head.
“Well then,” Ryan ran into the house, in split second, he came back with keys in his hands, “It shall be yours.”
“Awesome!!” I screamed and jumped in joy.
“Ok,” Nathan put his hands together, “now we have to figure out who shall drive.” 
I stopped the yay-ing and jumping, and looked at him, “I thought you had a license to drive?”
“Come on sis,” he hit my head real hard, “That was like two… hundred years ago…”
“It was?” I scratched my head; I didn’t realize time flew so fast.
“No worries,” Ryan came forth, “I was ordered to serve you, and I shall fulfill my orders.”
“Cool…” I said; eyes locked on the sport cabrio. It’s so beautiful
“I’m riding shot gun!” I shouted immediately.
“Fine…” Jasmine and Nathan groaned.

“Now!” M2 shouted through the hands free.
I quickly came out of the corner of the building and pushed the last person, Layla. She banged into the person in front and the cycle went on, just like dominos. Finally, it reached Kayly when she’s about to step down a step, the person behind her, Cherry, hit her off balance. The paint in her arms are about to fly out. Then, I saw Jake; he came rushing to save her.
“Go back to cover you idiot!” M2 shouted to me. I pulled myself away from the chaotic scene. I heard this conversation through the head phones.
“Oh my god,” Kayly gasped, “Thank god you saved me… Ethan.”
“What?” I whispered to myself.
“I’ll save you no matter how much trouble you are in…” Ethan replied… e-you.
“Jake?” Kayly’s voice, “what are you doing here?”
“Huh?” he replied, “I don’t know anymore…”
“Oh, I know,” Ethan said, “You must have came for your martial art trainings, I don’t even remember who I am when practice is in session.”
“Yeah,” Jake said moodily, “right. Here you go, next time don’t lose it.”
Apparently instead of saving the damsel, Jake saved the paint, because Ethan pushed him aside before he pushed Ethan. However, I… We did not give up so easily! We came out with a new plan in the short debrief.

I stuck my head out of the window like a dog, or a total idiot, and felt the breeze on my skin. I like fast cars so much!
“Do you really have to drive so fast?” Jasmine asked; her hands clutched tightly to the door.
“Yeah,” Ryan replied, he is actually diving single handedly, “it’s a vampire thing.”
I looked at the speedometer; we are going at about 250km/h, not that fast really. But I remember that it is quite a dangerous speed already for humans, because they die...
Few minutes later, we reached La Push. “Ah, the land of were wolves…” Ryan exclaimed. I frowned, and said, “aren’t they… shape shifters?”
“Yeah, I was just messing with ya,” he smiled, “but I don’t think I should go with yall, I smell bad to them.”
“Really?” Jasmine asked and sniffed him, “I don’t smell anything…”
“Ignore her,” Nathan said, then he turned to me, “we should probably make a move, I don’t like to wander in the shape shifters’ lair after night falls.”
“Why?” I asked.
“I don’t know,” he shrugged, “it’s just a hunch.”

“Ok, we CANNOT fail this time!” M2’s voice came storming through the headsets.
“Ouch,” I said, rubbing my ears, “You don’t have to shout…”
“I have to,” she said, “and don’t ask why!”
“Argh!” Jake whined in pain, “You shouted again.”
The plan is for me to put an invisible ruler like a plank at the stairs to trip Kayly, then Jake rushes out and saves her. What if she fall and dies, you ask? I’ll say, I don’t f**king care. And yes! I’ve gotten desperate.
“I am in position,” I spoke to the device as I made way into the class right next to the stairs.
“Good, the target is reaching the stairs,” M2 said, “Are you in position, Jake?”
“Yeah,” Jake replied, “you sure that no one will get hurt?”
“No,” both of us said.
“Well…” Jake said again, “fine.”
Step, step, step… muahahahaha… she is coming… and the scream of the maiden, “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” such a wonderful voice…
“Jake, now!” Jake ran down of the stairs and… nothing… absolutely nothing.
“What happened?” I asked silently in to the speakers.
“She not here,” he sounds confused.
“I’ll go see if she’s all right,” I said while making my way there.
“Be careful…” M2 said.
I walked to the end of the classroom to peek at the stairs. Luckily, I didn’t see Kayly lying on the floor with a broken back, but… Unfortunately, I saw her in Ethan’s arm again. Shit!
“Mission failure, we need to retreat now!” I whispered to them. Suddenly, heard footsteps, they are walking towards my direction.
“Thanks Ethan, you saved me again,” Kayly’s voice is getting closer.
“It’s my pleasure,” his voice is getting closer too, “I enjoy saving pretty girls.”
Shit shit shit, they are getting closer~
“Come to think about it, I wonder why I was so clumsy today…” shit… they are going to enter the room… I crossed my fingers and squatted in the corner of the room with my eyes shut tightly, hoping that they will not see me.
“Actually I think I know why,” Ethan’s voice indicated that he is right in front of me. Damn it!
“Ah~,” I stood up stretching my arms, “where am I?”
“You are in the school…” Kayly frowned, “Why are you here?”
I smiled awkwardly, and shrugged, “I sleep walked here?”
“Hmm…” Ethan said. I looked at him alertly, “Were you sleep-eating at the hall, or sleep-pushing Layla earlier today?”
“What?” I shouted immediately, shit he saw! “Err… yes?”
“Real funny,” he smiled smugly, “like I’ll ever believe that.”
“It’s not what you think,” I shook my head.
“I think it’s exactly what I think!” Ethan said, and I shook my head more vigorously, “You are in love with me!”
“Wha—,” I just could not close my mouth anymore.
“Yeah, it made sense,” Kayly is talking now, “You were jealous, isn’t you…”
“Huh? Noooooooo!” I shouted immediately. E-you E-you E-you E-you…
“Then explain why you did those things…” Ethan raised his brow.
“A---,” I have no answer…, I can bail Jake out. Haiz, fine, I’ll do it. “Yes, I was jealous and I did all those things, please let me leave now, it’s a little too awkward for me to stay.” I didn’t wait for a reply and ran straight out of the room with teardrops rolling down my cheeks; that is fucking disgusting…
I can’t even dream now… sob sob…
“Don’t cry… I’ll buy you ice cream…” Jake tried to console me. That heartless M2 just left; she said that it’s too boring…
“No… no… no… no… no… no…” I looked up, “Noooooo!”
I sniffed a few times, “Huh, fine,” I sigh again, “What shouldn’t be said had already been said.”
“Yeah, what shouldn’t been done had already been done,” he agreed with me.
“I’ll take you home now…” he said.
I nodded, “And you promised to buy me ice cream.”
“No, coz you said,” then he put on my sad crying face, “NOOOOOO!”
I frowned and elbowed him, “Hey…” bam! Jake crashed to a ladder and, oops! Layla that was on the ladder fell on Jake that is already on the floor.
“Oh!” she exclaimed, eyes wide open, “You saved me!” she hugged Jake, tightly…
“Wow,” I said, “that’s easy…”
Jake glared at me, and said to Layla, “You… are welcome… err… bye.” Then he pushed her aside awkwardly, and ran to me quickly.
“Can I please get your number? Jacob Aart!” Layla shouted across the hall, “I’m Layla, by the way…”
“Uh,” he turned around, “No! Bye!”
I look up to him, “Quite a day huh?”
“You bet…”

SATURDAY ENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment