Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day four- it’s a Sunday, or is it? (4)


So we made our way into the woods area of the border of La Push. We stopped on top of a large rock and wandered around.
“Let’s start work now, if we are lucky, we might get to enjoy the killer view of twilight,” Nathan said as he bent down to look into tree holes.
“Ah, fine,” I look to the left, and tried to trace to hints of the sunlight, “you know? I kinda like this place.”
I bent down and called out to the animals. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my brother and I can speak to animals… I can only call to the ground animals, while he call to any kind of animals, name them and he’ll have them.
On the other side of the rock, Jasmine is peeking down, “Don’t worry… It’s just a big rock…”
“What?” Nathan asked loudly, “I can’t hear you…”
“Nothing!” she shouted, then mumbled to herself again, “yeah… nothing, nothing to be afraid of…”
“Hmm,” I am speaking to a tree squirrel, it’s furry and it is holding an acorn, “So you are saying that there were two cold scary people walking pass this rock few days ago?”
It chirp and spoke in its own language, it meant something like this, “yeah, you’ll never believe it, and they all have the perverted look on their face. Like they’re going to eat someone of their own kind!” the skunk beside it squeaked in agreement.
“So you’re saying that some vampires came though here? But why?” I asked.
Then, the mother squirrel came out and said, “It’s up to you to find out, I need to bring this small one to bed, the day is going to end.”
I nodded but stopped it, “can you please answer a question of mine first?”
She looked a little annoyed but agreed anyway, “What do you think of the life on earth?”
“What more can I say? Live is like a jungle…” she shook her head slightly and brought the young squirrel home. Then I turned to the skunk, “What about you?”
“Me?” He asked as he pointed to himself, “Well it is fun living here as long as there’s food… and people to scare… he he he…” he giggled with a squeaky voice.

It’s a Sunday morning… I woke up with the weirdest dream I’ve ever had, I dreamt that I was talking to squirrels and skunks… how peculiar…
I looked at my phone, it tells me that the time is 9 in the morning, and I had several unread message.
---sms 1---
Hay, Kayly here, just wanna tell u, I don’t mind tat u hv a crush on Ethan, v r still friends… k?
WHY!!! Why does she have to remind me of my pain!!!??*sob, sob*.

---reply---
of course v’re still friends, glad tat u’re not mad… btw, I’ve already got over him! ^^
Pain… can you feel it? T.T

---sms 2---
Haley~~~~…~~~~~~~~
Guess who confessed 2 me yesterday?!!!
Takashi Higura did!!!
Call me when u r free!
                                You-know-me

evil laughter!!!! Muahahahaha…

---sms 3---
I’m Jake, juz changed my no.
N, r u ok? Thx again 4 hving my back…

---my reply---
I’m fine, tq.
y did u change ur no.?

---his reply---
Err… u know… 4 some reasons…

---my reply---
Huh?

---his reply---
Haiz… Layla hv been stalking me 4 d whole nite, I couldn’t stand it n bought a new phone card last nite…

---my reply---
Wow… Watcha gonna do wif the old 1?

---his reply---
Already burnt it^^

After a talk with the cute animals (I’ve decided to use my dream), I turned back and saw Jasmine sitting on the ground with legs folded up to her chest and her hand hugging them tightly, how odd.
“What’s wrong with her?” I asked Nathan. His replies were bird chirps.
“What? You know I can’t understand birds!” I scowled at him.
“Opps!” He covered his mouth with his hands, “I forgot to retune.”
I rolled my eyes.
“I wanted to say that she’s afraid…” he said while trying to reach the wild apple on the tree next to him.
“Of the height? Are you even serious?” I raised my voice a bit.
“D’yall think that I’m deaf?” Jasmine finally removed her face from her folded legs.
“No.” Nathan said, biting on the fresh apple.
“But you are an angel…” I frowned, “you live up there!”
“Er… there’s no time for tricky question all right!”
Nathan suddenly cut in, “look, the sun look so tasty when it sets…”
I looked up; this could be the most beautiful view of the sun I’ve ever seen…
(I don’t know how to describe it coz me myself haven’t seen it yet… tell me if you have!”
Just as the sun is going to be gone for the whole night, I heard heavy breathings from the bushes behind of us. I turned back and dodged immediately as a large dog came into view. It was trying to attack us. At least it seems so. I quickly slipped my hands into my pouch, reaching for my lightning blade. It saw. Before I can even react, it pounced onto me and stood on me as I lie on the ground… everything happened in split seconds, Nathan rushed to me with his thunder hammer thing; it opened its mouth wide, growling; I got to my lightning blade; Jasmine screamed with fear; some dude ran out of the bushes.
He thrust upon the dog. He pressed it down and calmed it down by mumbling something to it.
He then turned to me and offered his hand to help me up. I gave him my hand with my mouth still wide open. Even Nathan stopped his biting on his apple and Jasmine stopped screaming.
“Sorry for the disturbance.”

“Hello, is Nikki there?” I asked Nikki’s maid.
“Just a sec!!!” I heard her in the background. I can hear that the phone is handed over to her.
“What?” She asked loudly… is this her revenge of the last time I screamed at her?
“Err… I sorry I shouted at you the last time…” I wanted to do the puppy dog eye but realized that she couldn’t see it anyway…
“What? NO…” I can imagine her shaking her head, “it’s just that something happened.”
“Huh?”
“Don’t ask…” she sounds miserable…
“Oh well then, let’s start over,” something must be done to change the subject.
“Hello, is Nikki there?”
“Yes, I am. Who is this?”
“I am Haley, good morning.”
“Hey, Haley, a very good morning to you too.”
“Ok, the topic today is---,” I tried to put on a suspense.
“I know,” I can actually picture her roll her eyes, “Natalie and Takashi.”
“Huh? She told you already?” I wonder how she found out. 
“Yeah, and you told me that you chatted with him on you-tube too,” she said lazily.
“Did I?” searching the deepest and darkest parts of my brain, “I don’t remember…”
“Right… oh!” she stopped suddenly.
“What?” I felt the tense.
“You are in love with Ethan?” she asked carefully. Shit… why do shits spread fast?
“You--,” I don’t know what to say first, I took a deep breath (trust me, it’s very deep), “Of all the people you should know that it’s not true.”
“Cheh, I knew it couldn’t be true,” luckily she didn’t misunderstand me, “the most you could do is ‘like’ him, not ‘love’ him…”
“F you…” I am so betrayed, “it’s not like that, I was helping Jake, duh.”
“Yeah right,” what? She no believe me? “They all say that.”
“What?” that didn’t even make sense, “Who are ‘they’?”
“You know…” What do I know? “THEM~”
“what the heck?” I can’t stop hitting my head to the wall, “oh, shit, my phone is ringing, see ya tomorrow…”
“Bye~” she’d probably went back to her misery.
“He--,” before I can greet her she cut in.
“HEY HAY, TAKASHI HIGURA WANTS TO START AN ONLINE RELATIONSHIP WITH ME!!”
“I know, I know,” pulling to phone away from my ears, “you told me already.”
“He said that he liked me so much that he had made a video for me!!!”
“Huh?” he did? “which one?”
“The one that goes ‘CHING CHING~~’,” she giggled, “Isn’t it sweet?”
“But I thought that---,” Ching Ching died in that video…however, she cuts into my sentence.
“He is so cute… and handsome… and sweet… and charming…and---,”
“STOP!!” I can’t stand it, it’s so freaking disgusting, “I am happy for you, but I think---.”
“I should go online to accept his proposal, right?” before I could answer, “I’m so happy, can you feel my heart? It’s puffing… …”
“If you don’t want to listen to me I might as well hang up…” she’s still ‘puffing’… and I hung up.

“Ooo, so you guys are werewolves…” Jasmine said in amazement.
“Yep…” he sighed, “I don’t really like being one though…”
Then the dog that attacked me just now came out of the bushes in human form… hmm… so she’s a girl…
“Rafael, why did you bring these?” she is wearing a two piece garment: a blouse as the top, and a skirt as the bottom. Judging from her awkwardness, I’m guessing that dresses aren’t really her favorite attire.
“Trying to reduce the chances of you getting mad and transforming,” he put on a ‘duh’ face.
“What? You are not making sense you idiot,” she growled.
“Think harder and you’ll know I do,” he smiled smugly. To tell the truth, I don’t understand how it works either.
“Huh?” Jasmine produced that sound. In case you’re wondering, Nathan is now munching on some strawberries that fell from the sky.
Rafael sighed and stood up. Still having his smile on his face, he walked towards her and brushed her hair softly, “at least in a dress you’ll remind me that you are a girl.”
“Ooo...” Jasmine and I said together.
“The sun has left us completely, we should go quickly.” Nathan said with a frown on his forehead.
“I agree let’s go to meet up with Ryan,” I nodded.
“Can we tag along?” Rafael said, “And please don’t ask why…”
“Sure.” All three of us said.
We made our way back to the car by foot while the girl wolf insisted on going back to get her bike, she insisted for Rafael to stay with us too…
On our journey back, I heard the snores of the little animals. I suddenly stepped on something an acorn I presume, I kicked it away. I suddenly had a twitch, I turned around immediately. I sighed as I saw Nathan holding the acorn in his hands, he was going to put it into his mouth… he saw my glare and quickly dropped it. Sigh… such insolence.
We reached the car and found Ryan standing gracefully beside it. “Hah!” I said, “I bet you have been standing there for hours just to impress us!”
Nathan nodded in agreement, while Jasmine looked impressed.
Rafael walked towards Ryan without a hint of disgust in his eyes, “Hello my friend, I’m Rafael,” he stretched out his right hand, “nice to meet you.”

After calling Nikki and Natalie, I didn’t have much to do… so I went to bathe my dog, Tiger. Just as I sprayed water on Tiger, the wind started to blow vigorously.
“Sorry Tiger, but I really need to continue…” I looked at him guiltily. He whined as his reply.
When I started to put shampoo on him, the wind blew fiercer, I kept on apologizing.
Finally, I finished bathing him, and the rain starts to pour right down. I took a rug and dried him with it. I looked at him and I realized that he is getting old; it had been 11 years since we took him in, he is like our family already… I cuddled him tightly and pet him on his head. You’ll always be my favorite dog…

We waited for a while before the wolf girl came back with her bike. I can see that she brought a bag pack, but I can also see that she’s still in her dress…
Rafael signaled her to introduce herself, she was reluctant to do so, but Rafael seems to have some power over her, and she had to follow his request.
“The name’s Blythe,” she said without looking up, “I’ll ride my bike.”
“Hi,” I wave to her smiling as sweetly as I could, “my name is Valerie!” *I swear I saw her smiled back*
“I’m Jasmine…” as the moon light shone onto her silk dress, she looked like she’s glowing.
“Nathan,” Nathan mumbled, he has several fruits in his mouth, “Is my name.” he tried to smile but he couldn’t. Too stuffed…
Ryan didn’t look like he is going to do anything, so I elbowed him. He looked at me oddly, “What?”
I rolled my eyes and spoke on his behalf, “he is Ryan.”
“Uh huh… and I am a vampire,” he turned to the wolves, “so… you wanna fight?”
“No…” Rafael smiled again, “we need your aid in our little task, so we won’t hurt you.”
“What makes you so sure that I won’t hurt you?” Ryan slid his hands into his pockets.
They are staring straight into each other’s eyes, though it looks friendly, I know it isn’t.
“So…” I said nervously, not sure if it’s appropriate to break their glares, “Rafael, what’s your business with us?”
“I thought I told you not to ask,” He looked right into my eyes, and I felt an electric wave going down my spine; it’s more of a shock, “but I’ll tell you when the time is right.”
                                                            SUNDAY ENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment