Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day one-day-dreaming (1)


I was standing on the edge of a tall and huge rock, rain is pouring on me. Weird… I used to look at the rain from above… suddenly; the voice of the thunder went through my ears, but there is no lightning. It’s time… I pointed one of my leg out of the edge, balancing on another, and without a doubt, I leaned towards the leg that had no support. Oh…no… why can’t I fly before I can answer my question, I found myself on the ground, slightly bleeding, but no wounds. What went wrong… I should be up there now… I looked up at the sky covered with clouds. Suddenly… something very hard and cold jumped on me (I was still sitting on the ground) it… no she, looked at me as if I am her meal or something, freaky, scary eyes… Run… I have to run… but she is so heavy… (Not that she’s fat)

“Hey! You! Girl, pay attention!” my teacher looked at me with fearsome eyes, she reminded me of the lady in my day dream. I looked up at her, and immediately looked down in my book, wishing to continue the little fantasy of mine… oh, too late, it’s go time, and lunch is waiting for me. I went to the toilet first, even though I don’t want to pee, but it’s like a tradition now. We both (my friend and I, we are the biggest nobody in the group of nobody. That’s why even the kids in my class ignore us even when we are doing embarrassing stuffs, just like this morning. ^ . -) went to the toilet together just to make sure our hair and other parts are still neat and tidy.
So after the toilet grooming, we went to the canteen, by the way, I’m Haley and my friend is Kayly. As usual we had difficulty looking for seats, so we gave up (as usual, I don’t even know why we are trying      -.-lll)Anyway… we chose to stand instead, we stood beside some of our other friends, they were chatting, Pattie was talking too, it’s either she is better with peoples or she is desperate. So, during that period of time, I was wandering in my dreams again.

She is pressing on me, her ice cold fingers swift through my neck, a chill went through my spine, help~ I was thinking of screaming for help but… the words stopped somewhere in my throat. I can feel clearly that she is leaning her face to one side of my neck, ‘help~’ this one word came out of my mouth but it was so soft, too soft that even if someone is standing right beside me can’t hear. But she heard me, she looked up grinning at me and said, ‘relax, sweetheart, it’ll be over before you know…’ then she went back to my neck, faster then before, the pain came radiating from my neck, it’s like an invisible fire spreading through my body from my neck. I can feel my blood struggling to heal my wound, but it’s not working… ouch! I felt her weight lifted from my body, but the fire is still burning… slowly, my vision was blurring… all I can see is an angel leaned down to me and picked me up…

“Wake up… wake up… WAKE UP!!!!”
“Huh? What’s up?”
“the bell rang… dreamer…” she scowled at me and walked back to class.
The bell rang? Wonder why I didn’t hear it… I quickly speed up to ‘chase’ her.
“So… what were you thinking just now? Another story?” she asked when I reached her side.
“Yep!” I said cheerfully, “I just thought of it just now, during history,” I winked at her, she smiled, “yeah, history is the period where most people get inspiration.” We grinned together.
“Hey~Hay” my other friend, Nikki, called out to us. She is ‘one of us’ but even so, she is not infected. Her joyfulness radiates through the class. (P.s I can always locate her position without looking back, as her voice is my ‘locator’.)Nikki and I knew each other since last year, we were from the same class, I also had friends that are still with me from more than two years ago… but I’m still a ‘nobody’, and none of them are really ‘nobody’s’…
“Sup?”
“Nah, I’m just waiting for Natalie, she is doing her business.”
“Oh, I see. Then we’ll go back to class first, see you soon.”I gave her a flying kiss (and got a vomiting look on her face), then I went back to class with Pattie. Suddenly, she looked all detective and asked,
“Why do you think Natalie is baking cakes?”
“I don’t know. She ate something dirty?”
“Right… what do you think she ate?” her eyeballs turned slightly to the right.
“Erm, noodles?” I remembered seeing her digging her face into her noodles just now in the canteen… it was NOT pleasant.
“Just as I expected… noodles. That stall always sells dirty food, the last time I ate their noodles I had to    t-take…” I turned up to where she is looking at. Oh, the guy standing in the crowd of female teenagers… bitches… I looked at Kayly, wow… she grudging eyes turned soft and sweet… e-you… 
I wave my hands in front of her, “Hello… is anyone in there?”
She turned to me and pulled me in the classroom, “What’s wrong with your hormones? He’s so hot!”
“What? Him?” I pointed at that guy.
“Don’t do that, he will see us…”
“Huh? You think Ethan is hot?”
“Hey, don’t say that out loud. I have a rep to keep…” I can’t help it, I had to wince… and she scowled at me again… scary woman…
“You know,” I said, “you will have a strong, sharp and scary eye sight one day…”
“Yeah, of course, “she said, looking proud at me, “that’s why I’m training my perfect eye sight on you.”
Then, she went back to draw her perfect gowns. She is very good in designing clothes, but she doesn’t tell anyone and thinks that everyone is lying to her when someone praised her drawings. She has some issues…

An angel picked me up, he holds me in his arms, with my (lightning) speed, he brought me to a beautiful house. I cannot see it clearly, the rain is blinding me, and the pain is knocking me unconscious. Darn… when I finally retrieved my consciousness, I found myself lying on the floor of the beautiful house. Wow, it’s very beautiful from inside too… wait, why are my senses telling me that someone is pressing cottons to my neck… Oh, right, my wound, I shall stand up now, it’s gonna heal soon; nothing is to be worried… so, I stood up, and surveyed the ‘people’ around me. There are six of them, but none of them are my angel. “Hi… sorry for bothering you, but…bye bye,” I have to leave; I need to find a way to go hone…
Suddenly, one of them flashed in front of me (she flashed, because that is way faster that running…), “I’m sorry but I’m afraid that we are not done yet,” then she pointed at the wound on my neck.
“Oh… no, that will not be necessary, my cuts will heal faster than any angles,” I stopped, “I mean humans…”
“Perhaps… but it’s no ordinary cut, it’ll need immediate medical attention,” Another one of them walked to me, he looked slightly older, should be around twenty.
“No, I’ll not need such attentions… I can heal myself, thanks, but no thanks.” I still need to go home; I have no time to waste…

“The answer to this question is 6π 8, you’re right Kayly,” our math teacher said in front of me, pulling me
back to reality. I’m sure she didn’t notice that I was dreaming… “And Haley, don’t dream,” then she winked at me. Maybe she did…   
Suddenly, two of my friends came to our seats (Kayly and I are sitting together), Josephine sat with me and Cherrie sat with Kayly. They always complain about the red marker pen, they claim that they cannot see the words. Oh well, I’ve never had that kind of problems, maybe I had a better eye, or maybe I’m sitting in front…
“Did you see him today?” I heard Kayly said, “He was just leaning at the door in front of us!!!” correction, Kayly said with great enthusiasm…
I glared at her, but Cherrie continued their gossip talk about Ethan, their Romeo. Gross…
I turned to Josephine a found out that she is not that interested in Ethan, so we talked about other stuffs while writing our notes. Suddenly, someone hit Kayly’s table real hard and made her stuffs tremble for a second. All of us immediately looked up, and saw Jake ‘resting’ his hands on Pattie’s table… oh no… something real bad is gonna happen…
“What do you think you are doing?” the teacher growled at him as she hates people interrupting her class, and this is definitely an abomination for her.
“Nothing, just trying to tell someone to keep her tongue in her big, fat mouth,” he growled with words piercing through his teeth.
“It seems like you’re the one that is causing trouble here,” Kayly fought back, scowling right through his eyes. And all this while, everyone just stared at them, speechless. They had fought each other, like, forever, but those fights usually took place where the teachers are not present.
“Fuck shit, I’m not,” the both of them got closer so that the bad words spoken is not heard by the teacher, “you are the one bitching so loud that everyone knows that you had a crush on Ethan Darke.”
He said it in such a low voice that only the four of us can identify the words. I can also clearly see Pattie’s face blush, then… it turn furious red, metaphoric flames are rushing out of her nostril, and the teacher looked a little terrified and decided to stop this fight on her own.
“You two, sit!” she said it as if she is commanding her dog, “back to your seats now, I don’t want any dogfights in my class.” Well, we are the teachers’ dog. Kayly just looked down at her book after she sat down to hide her face that is struggling to stop her tears from flowing out of her eyes.
Josephine and Cherrie just stayed for a while, and then they left. They probably gave up defending the gloomy atmosphere and decided to back off, leaving me alone… what good friends…
Kayly remained silent till the end of school; she just threw me a ‘bye’ then she left, without looking at me. (Her eyes are probably red) I had after school activities today so I stayed back with Nikki and Natalie. Natalie is entering a singing competition, so we sat under a tree to listen to her sing, and I was lost in her singing and the breeze…

“No you have to stay, you are bleeding heavily,” a young lady stood up and walked to me.
“Wait, her mind… she is not from…this place,” a boy that looks seventeen said, he seemed to find it hard to look for suitable words for his sentence.
I sighed, “Yes, I’m not from this…place,” wow, there’s really no appropriate word to explain, “I’m from above, and I have the power of healing.” Then I placed my palms on the wounded part of my neck, “see?”
“Wow, amazing, never in my life had I seen anyone did that!” a huge guy said. I looked at his direction and saw a beautiful maiden standing beside him. She had the most perfect and beautiful, not to mention graceful face, but… she is too pale… wait a minute; they are all pale and beautiful… searching data… RIGHT! I remember now, they are the cold ones…
“Ooo…” I said while scanning their faces, “you guys are the vampires!”
“How did you…” the first girl said… but I cut her off, “that’s because I’m not ordinary too, you guys should trust me to protect myself from now on, so bye…” I waved to her and walked towards the door with the intention of leaving. Then suddenly, I hit somebody on my way out, I looked up, my angel…

“He knelt to the ground and pulls out a ring and said, ‘marry me Juliet you’ll never have to be alone…’ ” I heard the both of them singing, then I feel like peeing… without them noticing, I slide off and went to the wash room on my own. Suddenly, someone blocked my way, I immediately glared at him and found out that it was Jake, he looked rather sorry, but I think it’s not to me, but my friend.
 “Could you help me to apologize to Kayly, please?” He looked at me pleadingly.
“Err… no.” I said without looking at him and walked away.
“Aw, please, you know I didn’t mean it, I was just angry because she was annoying me,” by always pronouncing her crush towards Ethan Darke…
“No, I’ll not help you this time, you do it yourself, if you had cared enough,” I know he had feelings to her, but she don’t…He stood there alone and I just continued walking to the toilet, dumbass…

“What is taking you guys so…” he stopped as I accidentally hit him due to my carelessness…
“Sorry,” I mumbled, then I attempted to leave, but more of them came in and blocked my way, “Wow, the rain is too heavy, we can no longer wait.” Then they spotted me.
The twenty over years old Vampire put his hand out and said, “I think it’s raining too heavily, and the one that bit you are still out there, I think you should stay here for a meal and the night,” I shook his hand and he continued, “I’m Carlisle and they are, Esme, Alice, Edward, Emmett and Rosalie. While the newcomers, Bella, Jasper and Ryan… so…” So my angel is Ryan…
“I’m Valerie Silver, at least temporally it’s Silver…” then I stopped, trying to think of a non-scary way of telling them about my identity, “Err… I’m actually from the heaven… and I’m the lightning… I got lost down here… blah blah blah, all those shits, and oh! I need to go home…”

“Where did you go?” Nikki asked, “You scared the shit out of us.”
“Yeah, we thought you just disappeared…” Natalie continued, and she widened her eyes while whispered, “Into thin air…”
“I just went to visit the toilet, guess what happened just now?”
“What?” Nikki asked, “Spill, quickly…” then I saw Natalie nodding as well.
“It’s Jake, he just asked me to help him apologize…”
“What? Did you help?”
“Course not, I’m not dumb, and since pre-school they had been fighting, so why am I helping them after so many affairs?”
“Right…” Nikki said with sarcasm.
“I am definite that you couldn’t stand it and you will help,” Natalie continued, “I bet with my head!”
“Whatever… hey time’s up, time to go girls…”
“Aw… time to dive into hell…” the both of them whined…
Actually, I know I’ll help Jake, because I know them well enough to say that they both had feelings for each other, Jake knows that I know about his part, but he is too blunt to know that Kayly don’t really admire Ethan, she maybe enjoying his presence and all, but she had never spent time with him, she would never know that what does she really feel to him after a true date…
Sigh, this is their problem and I shall keep myself clean…

“Woo… that explains so much, only thunder without lightning…” I heard Bella saying, then I can also see some difference of the standing positions, Edward, the guy that was the first who found out that I don’t belong here, stood beside Bella with his arm around her waist, then I can identify the pairs, Edward with (of course) Bella, Alice with Jasper, Rosalie with the big guy, Emmett, and I’m guessing Carlisle with Esme, leaving Ryan alone…
“So, you want to go home?” Alice said, “Any clue how to go back up?” they seemed to be taking the truth very easily… vampires
“No… not really, I tried to use my emergency flying power, but it didn’t work…”
“You tried to fly by jumping off that cliff?” I can see that Ryan said it…
“Yes… and I failed, must be the heavy humidity,” I touched my hair guiltily.  
“Or it’s because you guys are not allowed to come down and only the authorities can bring you up again…” Edward said, as if he can…
“You READ me!” I blurted it out furiously, “You should know that it is rude…” I closed my eyes and silenced my mind for 3 secs, Lord Jupiter thought us that, it’ll block annoying mind readers… But what I don’t know is that mind readers can even be found on ground…
I felt that they are staring at me and, “Ok, time out, let’s give her a chance to eat her dinner,” Esme came out from the kitchen and said. I was not surprise that she can go in and out of the kitchen so fast that I did not see her.
“O nice, lasagna, my second favorite…”
“But you are the lightning, no? I thought that you…”
“Do not require the action of consuming food?” I said while digging into the Lasagna, “Yes, we can despite the eating of food, but for ‘angel’ grade, like me, I’ll need to have food and sleep to power up my lightning, that’s why I did not use my powers just now…”

“Hello? Is this Kayly?” I called her right after I got home… and some deep thinking… maybe not so deep…
“Yes?” she said in a rather tired voice, “what’s up?”
“No… I just want to check up on you…”
“Bout’ what?” she asked.
“Bout’ the thing that happened…”
“Between me and Jake?” she cut in.
“Yep…”
“He called… a few times… and apologized to me already…”
“Did you?”
“No…”
“Wow… anyway, why do you sound so tired? It’s just 10 for crying out loud…”
“Yes… but I’ll wake up at 3 tomorrow…”
“Right… I forgot about that… then bye…”
“Bye,” she yawned.
“Night night…”
So… he really kept his promise… Hmm, there will definitely be something big tomorrow! I’ll have to go to school early tomorrow. I’ll call Natalie and tell her about my plan; hopefully Nikki would join me too… Mua ha ha ha ha… 
p.s. I called but they did not seem interested in it, but Natalie has to come with me… I wonder how they can be so ignorant… anyways, it’s Friday tomorrow, I still have tuition but I’ll have two hours before it starts.
                                                Thursday Ended

No comments:

Post a Comment